The Mount In Newburgh Hosts 2nd Sun Rise Breakfast Forum
Posted in Local Happenings | Last Updated December 17, 2016
On Friday, September 16, the Mount in Newburgh hosts its second economic and tech-based forum.
This forum focuses on financial technology startups which help those in cities like Newburgh gain access to capital, financing, and the business software technologies needed to succeed in today’s business environment.
The event will take place from 8:30-11:30 am at the Mount’s Dominican Center (Room 218) at 330 Powell Ave., Newburgh, N.Y. There is no cost to attend, but participants should RSVP online.
Three companies with technologies ranging from accounting software to mortgage and banking products for urban markets will present for ten to twenty minutes each.
An emphasis will be placed on relevancy to the Hudson Valley’s redeveloping cities and industries.
The schedule for the event is as follows:
- 8:30-9 am – Coffee and networking
- 9-9:15 am – Introduction to START-UP NY, SUN, Mount Saint Mary College, and iCANny
- 9:15-9:30 am – “Historical Premise in Newburgh for banking supported economic growth and development” Michael O’Keefe, Executive Director of Operations and Risk Management at the Mount, will provide examples that link peak technology and urban growth to specific banking investment.
- 9:30-10 am – Ron Sella, Ready Books – Business Intelligence Software that plugs into Quick Books to deliver business intelligence solutions for CPAs and small business owners
- 10-10:30 am – Robert Singer, HEED HERO – A financial product enabling home ownership in challenging financial and real estate markets.
- 10:30-11 am – Amit Sharma, Verdigris – Technology-enabled community banking solutions for the “un-banked, under-banked, and de-risked.”
- 11-11:30 am – Additional question and answer period
- 11:30 am-Noon – Networking opportunities