Vendor Call: Newburgh Illuminated 2018
Posted in Local Happenings | Last Updated February 20, 2018
February 2018, Newburgh N.Y.
The Newburgh Illuminated festival brings tri state area visitors to Newburgh’s East End Historic District every June, and this year is no different.
So while it may be chilly and snowy outside now, get ready because summer breezes, blue skies, ice cream and The Newburgh Illuminated Festival will be here before you know it. And so, the vendor call for Newburgh Illuminated 2018 has begun.
Are you Vendor material?
Acceptance as a festival vendor is not guaranteed.
According to Newburgh Illuminated’s website, the criteria for vendors is specific, there are detailed rules, and you must be in compliance with them. You can read about them below and judge for yourself.
If you think you are a fit, head on over to the link referenced above and download the Vendor Agreement which is pretty much recreated below.
Last year’s event was a HUGE success and this year’s promises to be as well. Good luck and hurry!
Acceptance of applications and space assignments are at the sole discretion of Newburgh Illuminated Festival organizers.
- Festival start time is 12:00 noon and ends at 10:00pm.
- Nonfood vendors will be permitted to leave at 8:00pm, but we will make accommodations if
you need to leave earlier. Please indicate if you need to leave prior to 8:00 pm on your
- Note that you will not be able to bring a vehicle into the festival zone before 10:00pm.
- Food vendors are expected to stay until 10:00pm.
- All vendors are expected to have appropriate personnel in their booth from 12 noon – 10pm.
- Vendor spaces will be on Broadway between DMV and SUNY, and on Liberty St. between
Broadway and East Parmenter Street.
- Electricity will not be provided.
- If you use a generator, it must be a QUIET rated generator. If your generator is loud and
disruptive to other vendors and festival attendees, you will NOT be able to use it.
- The Festival will not provide water or ice. Food vendors must bring water and ice.
- Vendors’ booth must be completely self-sufficient, and vendors must clean up after
- You must provide your own table, chairs and tent.
- There is no rain date.
- Vendor fees are non-refundable.
- The Vendor Check-In will start at 8:00am for food trucks, 9:00am for all other vendors. The
check in is located at Grit Works at 115 Broadway – for returning vendors it’s right next to the
Ritz Box office where you have checked in 2015 – 2017.
- Vendors must report to check in to get their space assignment.
- Space assignments will not be issued until the morning of the festival, as many of you know we
are not able to finalize vendor placement until the night before.
- You will be allowed to drive your vehicle into the Vendor area to offload at your space. Cut off
for vehicle entry into vendor areas is 11:30am.
Important Information for FOOD VENDORS
TEMPORARY FOOD SERVICE PERMIT: Vendor must provide a copy of the permit to the vendor
committee by May 15th, 2018. If a copy of your permit is not received your registration will be
cancelled and you will forfeit your vendor fee. All Food vendors must apply to the Orange County
Board of Health (OCBOH) for their temporary food service permit. Please apply early and allow 10-15
days for Orange County Board of Health to process your event permit. You MUST post this permit in
your food booth on the day of the Festival.
NYS CERTIFICATE OF AUTHORITY: All vendors are required to have available for inspection and to
be on display on the day of the festival a current New York State Certificate of Authority and are
responsible for collecting and reporting New York Sales Tax. It is the vendor’s responsibility for any
additional permits/licenses required by law.
INSURANCE REQUIREMENTS: All food vendors participating in Newburgh Illuminated Festival must
have $1,000,000 of liability insurance. You will be required to name these organizations on the
- Newburgh Illuminated Festival organizers
- City of Newburgh
- Community Foundation of Orange and Sullivan
Insurance Forms must be received by May 1 st 2018 and all organizations can be listed on the same
BEVERAGES: Food vendors may sell only non-alcoholic beverages from their booth. All beverages
need to be sold out of their original can, original plastic bottle or a compostable plastic cup. No alcoholic
beverages can be sold out of your booth at any time.
GREASE: No grease or gray water is to be poured onto the ground or down any drains. Anyone found
doing this will be asked to leave the event. You will be responsible for any & all-environmental cleanup
costs & subject to prosecution by city or state officials.
LIQUID WASTE: All liquid waste must be removed from festival site by being carried out. There is
absolutely no dumping of liquid waste on the ground or in storm drains. Doing so will subject you to
fines and prosecution.
SOLID WASTE: All vendors are responsible to collect & properly bag trash within your sales location.
During the event our cleanup crew will collect properly bagged trash from the rear of your space up to 7
pm. All vendors are required to clean your specific area, remove all trash and debris, and return your
area to the same condition it was prior to the event. Upon exit of the vendor area, there will be a
dumpster available for vendors to dump any remaining trash bags themselves.